The Rwandan genocide, known officially in Rwanda as the genocide against the Tutsi, was a genocidal mass slaughter of Tutsi in Rwanda by members of the Hutu majority government during the 1994's.
The east-central African Nation of Rwanda murdered as many as 800,000 people, mostly of the Tutsi minority.
This cartoon appears very commonly in the Global Studies Regents
- It took place between two ethnic groups populating Rwanda: the Hutus and the Tutsis.
- Unlike the genocides of Armenians in 1915, and Jews in 1941-5, the genocide in Rwanda was not kept secret (scandals).
- Local Rwandan radios would use propaganda, an act against international law, to incite Hutus to violence.
Lets Now Practice:
- 1. Which two groups stuggled for power during Rwanda Genocide?
- 2.Effects of Rwanda Genocide?
- 3.During the Rwanda Gnocide who was killed in a suspicious crah?
Answer To Question